Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Symantec Forums Experience Coming Soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Symantec Forums Experience Coming Soon!

We're excited to share with you a new online Customer Forums experience coming soon! As part of the integration between Blue Coat and Symantec the Blue Coat Customer Forums will be transitioning to Symantec Connect Community at the end of May, 2017.

Symantec Connect is a ever growing community made up of over 700,000 registered users where you can collaborate with peers, subject matter experts and Symantec employees. Symantec Connect provides a powerful platform to learn and share your valuable knowledge and experience with others.

What does this mean to you, our valued Blue Coat Forum Members? Closer to the end of May, your BlueTouch Online accounts will be migrated to Symantec Accounts which will not only provide you access to the Symantec Support Portal but will also allow you to single-sign-on to the Connect Forums (no more having to manage multiple accounts!).

The Blue Coat Customer Forums will remain in a read-only state for a time period after the transition to Symantec Connect which will allow you to reference older valuable threads. While we are not planning on migrating existing threads to Symantec Connect, if there are particular posts/discussions/threads you find useful please let us know by replying to this thread and we'll ensure to migrate them accordingly.

In addition, to help you make the successful transition to Symantec Connect, we're encouraging you to post your questions to this topic and one of our Community Managers will be happy to address them as quickly as possible.

Thank you for all you did to make the Blue Coat Customer Forums a success! I'm confident the new and improve community experience will provide you an enriching and valuable platform to help you get the most out of your Symantec products and services.

Thank you,

Steve Desaulnier
    Community Manager
    Blue Coat Customer Forums
    Last edited by steve.desaulnier; 03-22-2017, 10:52 PM.

Hallo,
    not only BTO, but also these forums are a knowledge base. I often look up valuable information here, so I believe it's a very bad idea to delete all the threads here some time in the future. I'd rather see ALL of them migrated to the Symantec forums or this forum being kept available in a read-only state for at least some years.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback fida.

I'm glad to hear the forums have been such a valuable tool for you to leverage not only to post questions, but also as a reference knowledge base. Due to the complexity of the systems we've had to make the decision that a full migration of all forum threads is not possible, but would like to ensure those valuable threads are preserved either as read-only in these forums or copied over manually to Symantec Connect. Please do highlight any critical threads you feel need to be migrated and we'll make every effort to accomplish that.

I'd like to also confirm that we will be migrating all BTO content including KB Articles, Product Documentation, WebGuides, Technical Briefs, Security Advisories, etc. to symantec.com systems closer to the end of May.

Comment

Originally posted by fida View Post
        Hallo,
        not only BTO, but also these forums are a knowledge base. I often look up valuable information here, so I believe it's a very bad idea to delete all the threads here some time in the future. I'd rather see ALL of them migrated to the Symantec forums or this forum being kept available in a read-only state for at least some years.
        Agree on RO state request if possible. There is some of the information presented here that my interactions with BTO phone support have not identified, or customer experiences have been so one-off unless you read the forums you would have never known to fix a problem in that specific way.

The last time Blue Coat migrated from one backend database to another we lost a large reference group of KB articles and they have never re-appeared. I only fear that could re-occur.

Thanks,
        AKH

Comment

Hi AKH, thanks for your input and glad to hear the forums have been useful in helping to solve those one-off issues. It would be great if you could help identify any of those key threads so we can ensure we migrate them to our new SYMC Connect Forums in late May!

Appreciate any help you could offer.

Best,

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X