firstly, I' not english nor american, so apologize me for the mistakes that I will do for sure.
Secondly, I'm a french Network admin and the company where i'm today bought a proxyone. We choose this solution because I used to installed somes Proxy SG and AV in another job and I advise my boss that Bluecoat products were good products, expensive certainly , but very customizable!
My discover of the proxyone was a bit strange...i though that bluecoat have forgot some options and buttons....I have some examples of missing functions that, seems to me, nearly mandatory in an IT product made in 2011!
So here are some questions about this product :
- How can we change the 'admin' password, without use the reinitialisation process (which need console port and erase every single data of the proxy, even the configuration!!!)?
- How can we delete the surfing logs, without use the reinitialisation process (which need console port and erase every single data of the proxy, even the configuration!!!?!!!)?
- How can we backup and restore the configuration ?
- In an explicit mode installation, can we use two of the four network plug to set up network failover, or at least a second IP address ?
- How is it possible that bluecoat, which invented the VPM, can force us to use exceptions, just to configure surfing rules by users ?
- Why the proxyone, with the help of a BCAAA, can't fetch the active directory group!?
- Why can't we have a SSH access on the proxy?
I think I already the answers of all the questions above, but it's just to be clear, and to point the lacks of the product. Bluecoat made a entry-level product, it's so frustating. How can I now convince my boss that this product is better that an free proxy that will be more capable...
ProxySG rocks but not proxyone.